- girl power
- peer skills workshop
Girls Anger Management & Empowerment (G.A.M.E)
An introduction to Anger Management for Adolescent girls aged between 12 and 15.
The workshop runs over a series of dates to enhance intergration of new skills learnt into everyday life, provides ongoing support between workshops and works through underlying issues which have contributed to the unwanted behaviour.
GAME has a maximum number of participants per workshop.
The workshop will assist participants to:
- Change the way they see themselves and others
- Assist in building better relationships
- Recognise emotions
- Identify their triggers
- Value their strengths and achievements
- Learn new skills to effectively release feelings
- Learn to feel good about themselves
Controlling Anger for Adolescent Boys (C.A.A.B.)
An introduction to Anger Management for Adolescent boys aged between 12 and 15.
The workshop runs over a series of dates to enhance integration of new skills into everyday life, provides ongoing support between workshops and working through underlying issues which have contributed to the unwanted behaviour. CAAB has a maximum number of participants per workshop.
The workshop will:
- Change the way the participant sees himself and others
- Work towards building better relationships
- Assist in recognising emotions
- Assist the participant in identifying their triggers
- The participant will learn to value their strengths and achievements
- Teach new skills to effectively release feelings
- Help the participant to feel good about himself
Girl Power is a two day workshop for girls between the ages of 12 – 15. Girl Power is a program to develop and enhance self-esteem.
The workshop will:
· Change the way participants see themselves and others
· Enhance self confidence
· Help participants to identify and value their strengths & achievements
· See relationships through different eyes
Build resilience in participants and assist them to feel good about themselves.
The Peer Skills Workshop is a two day interactive learning experience designed to acknowledge and build on the natural listening, helping and problem solving skills of young people.
The workshop helps young people develop their relationship skills and increases their confidence in safely assisting a friend or peer who is experiencing a problem.
The Peer Skills Program uses a problem prevention, youth development and community development framework to support its peer work with young people. The workshop uses an experiential style of learning, underpinned by the principles of empowerment and child-centred practice.
The Peer Skills Workshop can be used as a stand-alone training to assist young peoples’ skills development. It is also designed to be used by schools and agencies as a foundation training for peer based programs and structures that will assist in the development of supportive networks in schools and communities.